Sunday, August 30, 2009

Episode X - Big Bob Gibson BBQ with White Sauce

Another weekend, kids are over and time to get cooking. This time it is page 119 and what is supposedly a true classic of the restaurant - chicken with white BBQ sauce. I don't really get that, coming from KC if it isn't red it isn't BBQ sauce, but what the heck, we'll give it a try.




But first I had to learn how to butterfly a chicken. A little quick Googling and I found a very handy video from Weber. Good thing I saw it, I wouldn't have guessed that you started with the backbone.






Anyway... check them out. Not too hard to do. Recipe is quite simple - salt, then pepper & oil when you flip. Sauce is easy to make too.
Here's the finished result. The chicken itself was fantastic. I give a lot of the credit to the Komodo. This stuff was really tender and moist. Heck when I flipped them halfway through I had a leg & thigh just fall off. I'm still not sold that BBQ should be white and would give it only a medium rating, but Boy Child declared it excellent with his first bite and Girl Child declared it great and even got more sauce twice. Gads... am I not mainstream? Can't judge food? Oh well, to each their own. We'll just move on to the next.

No comments:

Post a Comment