Thursday, July 16, 2009

Episode I

I can't move up to master status without a plan. And step one is to move up from an amateur grill.

So, fresh off the boat from Indonesia is my new Komodo Kamado. A first class cooker with a very high WAF (wife acceptance factor).

Why this one? Great reviews from friends (Thanks Munger1 & Munger2), lots of research that showed the quality of both the workmanship and the food that comes out of it, it looks almost like a piece of art on the patio, the Komodo forum http://www.komodokamado.com/was very friendly & helpful and to top it off - I saw Chris Lilly on the Today Show with a great looking blue cooker which he stated was the best he's ever had. MG (the wife) saw it, liked it, and that sealed the deal.

With a cooker like that, I was sure I was now god-like. Ready to take him on in the next BBQ championship. Right? Well, things weren't quite that smooth. More on that to come......

No comments:

Post a Comment